Hosting in Canada

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by jzahoor, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Does DASP host in Canada? If not, then do you have any plans on doing so in the near future (< 12 months)? If not, then do you know of/partner with/recommend a Canadian hosting site as close as pssible to what DASP offers?

I'm looking for a host that will reliably run my asp.net app and will provide a live SQL Server 2005+ hosting environment.

We already have a US-based DASP account but some of our Canadian clients insist on having their site hosted on Candian soil (possible boundary issues with sensitive data).

Thanks,

Jimmy

2. mjp

mjp

Well that's not a question I've heard before! I would personally volunteer to go to, say, Nova Scotia for a month and set up a data center, but I don't think it's in the cards at the moment.

Are there a lot of Canadians with similar feelings about the physical location of the servers?

3. Many! We get asked this all the time and have started to look into Canadian hosters but have not been able to find DASP-comparable-quality companies. We are seriously looking into one (webserve.ca). It looks like they're the only one in Vancouver, BC, Canada that comes close to what we need.

Nature of our business dictates data and code be kept on Canadian soil for canadian companies.

4. mjp

mjp

Interesting.

I will say that additional data centers have been considered, but Canada hasn't been discussed as a potential location. Next time it comes up I will throw the idea in and see what everyone thinks.

5. It makes sense to do it in Canada since the serves like to be kept cooler.
    (Couldn't resist mate...I used to play Hockey in Detroit)