Hotmail treats e-mail as junk mail

Discussion in 'Email' started by jdcrutchley, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. <STRIKE>Hotmail seems to treat any e-mail coming from your servers as junk mail. Hotmail seems to treat SOME e-mail coming from your servers as junk mail... I'm thinking now it was more of the message content (the word "test" showed up alot) that may have been the problem and not the sender. Also, I recently discovered Hotmail likes to eat CC stuff no matter where it comes from. Disregard this message - it should be in the junk folder. [​IMG]

Post Edited (Jamie) : 11/8/2007 3:15:34 PM GMT

2. Odd because that's not happening to me.
    All of the international team members on my site use it to send mail to my Hotmail account.
    Reason for this is, my Military related mail comes to that account and I can better track it.
    But to date not one of their SmarterMail e-mails get flagged in Hotmail.

Maybe Bruce can shed some light on this one...
    Salute,
    Mark

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hotmail / Gmail / Yahoo guards their spam filtering technology rather tightly. They really don't tell you how their filtering works.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. mjp

mjp

But I think you are on the right track when you look at the message content as a possible cause.

It's something that a lot of people do not consider, but all of the large email providers are scanning the text of the messages (for various reasons, not all related to spam). You can trigger the spam filters of all those big providers yourself by repeating obviously spammy words or phrases in a test message.

mjp

DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.