How are you using ASP.NET configuration UI?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by pradeep, Mar 19, 2006.

1. ASP.NET configuration pages depend on the availability of underlying database that is being used for the website. This works great when the database is in the local domain. However, if you host your website, how are you managing your ASP.NET configuration options? Specifically, I am looking at setting up roles for members, customers, etc.

Thank you in advance for enlightening me.

Pradeep

2. If believe you are referring to the settings on your site hereat Discount or another host, correct?

I have pondered this same issue before, and it is really quite simple... If in VS 2005, locally, just change the connection string in your web.config file to you SQL sever on DiscountAsp.net, and then run the ASP.NET Configuration utility in VS 2005. Bingo! This is also true for running the Membership setup utility, aspnet_regsql.exe. Just point it to your database on DiscountAsp.Net when running through the wizard and, Bingo! You're in business.

I made a slight assumption here as stated in the first line of my reply, so I can only hope that this is what you mean.

Good Luck,

BZ

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff