How can I install blogengine.net in a subdirectory?

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by pluggy, Mar 5, 2010.

1. I'm trying to install a blogengine.net blog in my ~/Blog subdirectory.
    I've uploaded the files to the ~/Blog directory and I have used the web application tool to configure the directory as a web application. But when I try to view the blog, I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

So it appears that the server tries to load the ASP.NET MVC RC 2 dll when starting blogengine.net. The problem is that BlogEngine.Net is not actually using ASP.NET MVC RC 2. That's only used by the root application in my account.

What am I doing wrong? I've already tried contacting support, but they refused to help since this is linked to 3rd party software...

Thanks,

Adrian

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

upload the MVC dll to the application's bin directory, ie. /blog/bin

3. I've uploaded the MVC dll plus all other dlls of my main application into the bin folder and it finally worked. Thanks!

4. I'm trying to install a blogengine.net blog in my ~/Blog subdirectory.
    I've uploaded the files to the ~/Blog directory and I have used the web application tool to configure the directory as a web application. But when I try to view the blog, I get the following error:

The type or namespace name 'BlogEngine' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The dll is in the bin directory. I'm soooo frustrated with this.