How can i run the community server in the localhost of the computer?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by vvsharma, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Whats the error message you getting? You can set the language in the 'Languages>languages.xml',but before you make any changes to it,you need to have the language pack within the Languages folder.After a little research ,I don't think Nepali is available yet.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. Hi all,
    I have already download the web install community server 2007. But i tried to run through thevisual studio.Net and it gives the build error message. Please tell me howcan i run that from VS.net and i wanna make this site in two different languages (Nepali and English) is that possible, then how?

please post me step by step.
    Thank.

Regards
    DD

3. You need to update your connection string in your connectionStrings.config</font> file .You may have it refer your database at DASP as follows:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name='SiteSqlServer' connectionString='Data Source=YOUR_SQL_SERVER;Initial Catalog= YOUR_DATABASE_NAME;User ID=YOUR_DATABASE_USER;Password=YOUR_DATABASE_PASSWORD'/>
    </connectionStrings>

(Replace appropriate placeholders in the above connection string)

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Hi,

After runin Vs.net it gives the "Build failed" message and "do you want to continue,"
    if yes it gives the error as like that

Server Error in '/Web' Application.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one mor que:
    How we establish the connection to the sql server 2005 in local computer?

Regards,
    DD

5. Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Ihave not found the connectionstrings.config files, here is only communityserver.config and web.config files. Can i put this connectionstring in the web.config file?

Regards,
    DD

6. Yes,you can put in the connectionstring directly in your web.config.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

7. Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is one more problem please resolve it.
    In the default.aspx file

<%@ Page %>

<%--

This page is a placeholder for URL rewriting.

The content of this page is defined by the theme associated to this

site and is located at web/themes/[THEME NAME]/common/home.aspx

--%>
    When i try to run this page it shows the blank page.

what does it means and how can i rewritng the URL in this page?

Regards,
    DD