How do I activate a executable Virtual directory in the sandbox?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Larry, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Hi,

I just put a Default.aspx on the sandbox server.

http://beta-180010.server1.dotnetsandbox.net/VS2005/dbTools/Forms/Default.aspx

I seem to be getting the type of error that is associated with not having an ASPX type executable directory.

With VS 2003, I went through the Hosting control panel > Tools & Utilities > Web Application Tooletc. to "Install Application".

The Default.aspx only has one label, using a CodeFile of Default.aspx.cs. This is also on the site.

Do I have to activate this folder, if so, how.

The following is the error I received.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Code:
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>
    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

Code:
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

2. FYI

I solved this issue. The sandbox root directory is already executable. So I put the site there.

My problem was introduced when I created the site under a sub-folder.

I suppose that support for activatingsub folders will come later, after VS2005 is released.

Larry