How does one remove a project from a solution in TFS?

Discussion in 'TFS service' started by xarzu, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. We are using the TFS version control system.

We have a sln file that has lots of projects.

I have removed the project from the Solution Explorer.

But in the "Source Control Explorer" window, the folder containing the project's files are still there.

The files in the project are listed as being checked out.

What can I do to get rid of them locally as well as on the server?

2. I believe what you are seeing in Source Control Explorer are actual deleted files. Go to Tools/Options/Source Control/Visaul Studio Team Foundation Server. Check if there is a check mark next to "Show deleted items in the Source Control Explorer". If there is than uncheck it and see if you can still see the files in your Source Control Explorer.

3. That is very interesting. I did not know you could see the deleted items in the Source Control Explorer.

Sadly, that is not it.

In the "Source Control Explorer" window, I try to delete the folder I want and I get an error that says it cannot be deleted. It says that one or more children have pending changes. Well, I have the folder checked out. What else do I have to do?

4. Can you try deleting the files first before you try deleting the folder?

5. I checked out the parent directory.
    Then I checked in the directory I am trying to get rid of.
    Then, for a test, I deleted the directory.

It now has a faint red X by it.

Now I wonder what to do.

6. Joseph Jun

Joseph Jun DiscountASP.NET Staff

If you're still having a problem, can you please open a request with the Technical Support team through the Support Portal for further assistance?

7. UGH

:eek:

I just did a "check-in pending changes" on the parent directory.

It worked !!

The folder checked for deletion vanished!!

8. mjp

mjp

Nice. They never make it easy, do they?

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.