How hard is it to implement a custom payment form?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by cscordo, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. My site only has a single purchase option, no shopping cart, and digital delivery of its product.

Until now, I've only been integrating with PayPal's credit card / payment form, but I really don't like the look / feel and unnecessary steps of their forms (but I have no control over it).

I'm fairly proficient in .Net, and have a business account, which I'm assuming can be updated to accept merchant payments from the web.

So how would I go about implementing my own payment form on dASP?

In general, is it difficult to do?

Where would I look for tutorials which reflect the components residing on dASP servers?

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

In a very general term, these are the steps you need to take to accept CC payment

1) Apply for a merchant account. You can contact our partner at http://www.cardprocessingsystems.com/

2) Depending on which payment processing gateway does the merchant account supports, you will need to create a payment form. The complexity of the payment form really depends on which gateway you use.

3) I highly recommend using Authorize.NET because their API is very simple to integrate.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.