How many SMTP recipients is too many?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Fargo Hockey, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Using SmtpClient to send emails to registered members and receiving error

Unable to send to a recipient.

System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Exceeded storage allocation. The server response was: 5.5.3 Too many recipients

Can you give us any indication on how many recipients is too many? Or what the storage allocation limit is set to?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. You can send emails to a maximum of 100 recipients at a time from your web application .

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Hello,

Can you please confirm if the 1,000 email daily limit is reset at a certain time, and if so, what time (including time zone)? Or, is the 1,000 email count done on a rolling 24 hour basis?

My concern is that my site sends a membership activation email and then a welcome email for each new member, and also existing members have the ability to generate password reminder emails. I don't like being at risk that new members might not receive the emails they need to participate on my website because of high new user registrations or password reminders on a given day.

Is there a way for us to monitor the current count of x/1,000 emails in the 24 hour period?

Thanks for your response.

Regards

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

you cannot currently monitor this count.

our system administrator will let you know if we see abusive activities.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET