How to deploy ASP.NET 2 database from VWD 2005

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by wisemx, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Hi,
    Please take a look at Webcast #08.
    (09 is a Silverlight version, 12 is a Flash version, same Webcast.)
    http://iis7test.com/webcasts/
    I'm willing to add more Webcasts in that series, any feedback is apprecaited.
    Salute,
    Mark

2. Hi, I've created and tested a simple database and want to up-load to my
    remote DASP site account (IIS6.0 & SQL 2005) for use. Also use SQL 2005 express studio manager.

Which is the simplest way to do this?

from ASP.NET quickstart tutor:

Visual Studio provides a Copy Web feature to move application files from the working directory to a target server, using xcopy, FTP, or FrontPage Server Extensions. The target machine may be local or remote. To invoke the Copy Web feature, choose "Website > Copy Web Site..." from the Visual Studio menu bar.

While you can move a database using Copy Web or a simple xcopy or FTP operation, the target machine must also be running SQL Server Express (under the same instance name) in order for the application to continue working. As mentioned above, because all applications running as ASP.NET connect to the same SQL instance, all applications on the target machine should be trusted to each other. On machines where applications should not be able to see each other's database, the server-based approach (using SQL authentication or other isolation technique) is recommended instead of a local database. If you use SQL Server Express as a development tool, you will need to copy your SQL Server Express database contents to the provisioned server database as part of production deployment.

</BLOCKQUOTE>
    ...Or do I follow Scott Gu

use the Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard 1.1

thanks for your help[​IMG]