How to Download Previous Deployed asp.net Website & Database Backup from Server to PC

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by shahnoo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Hi
    I have uploaded a website (Asp.net 2.0 + SQL Server 2000) & it is working fine. Now i have make new enhancements in it & want to download/copy the previous website & database backup files from the server & deploy the new ones.

It is very important because i have made the changes & i don't have any backup of previous website thinking that it can be easily downloaded from server any time but now i am finding it difficult to simply copy/download my website which is uploaded on the server.

Thanks You in Advance.

2. Hi,
    That's kinda confusing...
    Can you explain in more detail what you have done?
    i.e. SQL Server 2000 on your local system, SQL Server 2005/2008 on DASP remote.
    All the best,
    Mark

3. I just want to download/Copy my website & database from DASP Server to my local machine.

4. Hi,
    Do you have Development tools installed locally?
    For example the free versions of Visual Web Developer 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express...
    With both of those you can retrieve your remote data and site files.
    If you just need a backup of your data you can do that in the Control Panel.
    But if you want to run your data locally you will need an instance of SQL Server.
    All the best,
    Mark

5. Thanks it is working so far.