How to invite for Link exchange?

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by Allieso, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Allieso

Allieso Guest

I know that Link exchange is the best practice in SEO. But, how can I invite or what I have to do for link exchange? Is there any format to invite others?

2. mjp

mjp

Link exchange as a thing unto itself is all but dead. 10 years ago if you had a web site you'd get "I would like to exchange links with you!" emails every day. But things are a little more organic these days, and if you don't have a "links" page (as most sites do not anymore) there's no point in asking a random site owner for a "link exchange." Search engines will also penalize some pages that are nothing but links because they don't want "link exchanges" to pollute their results.

One good tactic to use is to comment on forums or blogs on the sites that you want to link back to you, and include your URL in the comment. But since that is a good tactic, millions of spammers use it as well, so it isn't always that easy. In a forum or on a blog now you may have to hang around a while or make a certain number of posts before you're even allowed a URL in a signature or comment.

Honestly, your best bet is to get your site mentioned or linked to from similar sites, and the best way to do that is to be relevant and interesting. Nothing to it, right? ;)