http: The page cannot be displayed

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by hugopaez, Aug 19, 2006.

1. this errror apear when i create aplication subdirectory in visual studio 2005
    but in other aplication subdirectory it work

The page cannot be displayedYou have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.

Please try the following:
    • Contact the Web site administrator if you believe this directory should allow execute access.
    HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

2. Is this on discountasp? or on your local computer?

I'm new to discountasp hosting myself, but it sounds like you just havn't given the right user permissions to view that directory. try going to the "Permission manager" section in the discountasp control panel and see if you've given any users access to your new directory.

3. Yes is on discountASP, I check in Permission Manager and only anonimous user is set

4. It is a known issue that Visual Studio will sometimes fail to set the proper permissions on the web application after publishing via the FrontPage extensions. To resolve this, use the Web Application tool of the control panel to remove and reinstall the web application of the directory.

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET