http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-45.aspx work just local???

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by sury, Mar 28, 2008.

1. i am using membership and roles from

http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-45.aspx

everything works great on local computer when iload files

to the

surywebdesi.web701.discountasp.net

and try to run geting Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty

need help thx sury

2. This is a common form of confusion right now and I'm working on some videos to make it easier, more clear.
    For now, let me ask...
    Have you added a SQL Server addon to your account?
    Did you create the local SQL Express membership roles locally and need to get them on-line?
    I'll help you all the way through this, just needa better idea of what sort of help you need right now. [​IMG]
    Salute,
    Mark

3. I didnt added sql server and a like touse the membership and rules in my aplication.What i done. I load the source code from
    http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-45.aspxand try to run it in my new http://surywebdesi.web701.discountasp.netand
    getting the error. Basically there is just code writen by Microsoft?s Joe Stagner.Works great on local. if you can navigate how make it work a live
    whoud be great. I am sorry for any mystake in the text english is not my primary language.I appreciate your help thx sury

4. Will do. [​IMG]

By the way, what is your primary language?
    I speak many languages and don't mind posting responses in more than one.
    Salute,
    Mark

5. i am from czech repuplic in the europe
    west from russia

6. we speak czech language

7. Ahhh, I spent many years coding with a brilliant Czech, Milan Spirko.
    Unfortunately Milan only taught me bad words. [​IMG]

8. not too many people even know where is europe well good too know little about everythink.

9. is the error becouse i am not using sql database in my aplication?

10. i mean the aplication membership and rules not usin sql database that why its work local bat error a live?

11. Yes the database that is created in your app_data folder is an Express database.
    It contains the tables, procedures and roles for the Membership controls.

Discountasp.net does not support Express databases.
    This is not a bad thing, they are doing it the way Microsoft recommends.

To use your Express database you have several options however.
    The easiest is to add SQL Server 2005 to your account.
    Then you will have a utility available in your control panel to attachyour expressdatabase.
    The control panel feature will load everything into your accounts SQL Server 2005 database.
    It should however only be done on a new, blank, database.
    http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10411

The other option is to use the ASPNET registration tool to create the membership tables, procedures and rolls for you.
    It can do this for your remote SQL Server account.
    http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10413

There is another option but it's very time consuming.
    You can use SQL Express to create the queries that will create all of those objects for you.
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20060529.asp

12. hi again
    let me ask you2 more question I tried all options http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10413
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20060529.asp
    This 2 links after while gettin An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) and many differente examples what i find has the same end.

1 question : Is there any way how i can create an account to any sql database and then use membersip and rules in my aplication a live whith out pay?

I got feel and many people who doesnt make much money Its just another bussines.The true is everybody they can find a lot of examples a lot of videos but finally whenthey wonna use it a livethey have to always pay for it.For examplewho want just a simple web pageand use membership a rulesand use flash and use paypall in asp.net3.5 have to pay 50$ per month for the basic.Kind of sad for people from differente country who make just 300 $ and less per month!!!

But straight to my question2 let say i am gonna add MS SQL 2005 Database to my account after that am i gonna be able justload files from membership and rules to mysurywebdesi.web701.discountasp.netand see its work or have another surrprise error?

13. I should have the links and video on-line later today, working on completing it right now.

Yes once you add SQL Server 2005 the methods you see will work.

You can also createlogins and store information with XML.
    The best way to see how that can work is to download and learn from one of the Starter Kits.
    http://asp.net/community/projects/

Note the best method is with SQL Server.
    Salute,
    Mark

14. hi again I added the sql server to my account and when i follow the video what you just made getting

Setup failed.

Exception:
    An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 262 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.
    Creating the aspnetdb database...

----------------------------------------
    Details of failure
    ----------------------------------------

SQL Server:
    Database: [aspnetdb]
    SQL file loaded:
    InstallCommon.sql

Commands failed:

DECLARE @dbname nvarchar(128)
    DECLARE @dboptions nvarchar(1024)

SET @dboptions = N'/**/'
    SET @dbname = N'aspnetdb'

IF (NOT EXISTS (SELECT name
    FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases
    WHERE name = @dbname))
    BEGIN
    PRINT 'Creating the ' + @dbname + ' database...'
    DECLARE @cmd nvarchar(500)
    SET @cmd = 'CREATE DATABASE [' + @dbname + '] ' + @dboptions
    EXEC(@cmd)
    END

SQL Exception:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.
    Creating the aspnetdb database...
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at System.Web.Management.SqlServices.ExecuteFile(String file, String server, String database, String dbFileName, SqlConnection connection, Boolean sessionState, Boolean isInstall, SessionStateType sessionStatetype)

15. for information i have aspnet_regsql.exe in visual

16. Hi,
    Your SQL Server addon will not allow you to perform this action unless you enter the correct credentials.
    In the first part of the video I show how to get that information from your account, in the Control Panel.
    Once you have the SQL Server address, Database name, User name and correct password this will succeed.
    The password is the same as your account unless you have changed it.

I'm willing to do this for you if you need my help with it.
    Salute,
    Mark

17. I spend all day today and i dont know i am using the right server ,login name and pasword.Can you do it for me i can give you acces to my account ?

18. never mind i go it!! Propably overwork

19. So finally i have add SQL server to my account I atached mdf file to the server with result competed.

I amruning my webapplication and have the same error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Line 146: <membership>
    Line 147: <providers>
    Line 148: <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""/>
    Line 149: </providers>
    Line 150: </membership

do i have to change somethin in my confic file?

20. i am 33 still free bird but take care about my girlfriend and her daughter. I know little bit what you mean.Girls they are from differente planet,they
    have their own logic and i newer gonna be ableunderstant them butthats why wemans like them.

i have guestion of course for youi am tryconfigure email when i using recovery password
    i am going to configurationthere is Configure SMTP e-mail settingsi am going in and there is server name and server port
    I have in my account

POP3 Server:
    pop3.surywebdesign.com

IMAP Server:
    imap.surywebdesign.com

SMTP Server:

smtp.surywebdesign.com

but i have now idea how that works

21. You have to be really strong person answer a lot of stupid question.
    Thanks a lot.
    everything works right now well. We will see how long!

note: how many times you go crazy every day becouse there is no stupidity end

22. Unless you need it you can ignore the IMAP address.
    What are you trying to place the others in, Outlook?
    Salute,
    Mark

PS - Take care of those girls. [​IMG]
    My lovely Brazilian wife was an angel until she met me.

23. i am using membership and roles from

http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-45.aspxand there is an option when you forget your pasword i can send it to you on your email.

So i am trying send email to my self and geting

A connection attempt failed becouse the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time ,or established connection failed because connected host has failed to rspond 64.79.170.139:25

I am czech right now living 6 years in Zion national park Utah

24. For the SMTP from your code try using localhost instead of your domain.

25. there is a video http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-46.aspx
    How Do I: Create a ?Contact Us? Page?

When i sending email geting

server error in'/Contact_vb' application

a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 216.34.94.184:25

26. Make sure your mail settings section in the root web.config looks like this:
    <system.net>
    <mailSettings>
    <smtp>
    <network host="localhost" port="25"/>
    </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
    </system.net>

If you want I'll attach a file with a conplete ASP.NET 2.0 Contact page that works here.
    Salute,
    Mark

27. i am kind of compfuse the source code didnt have in web config

<system.net>
    <mailSettings>
    <smtp>
    <network host="localhost" port="25"/>
    </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
    </system.net>

so than how it can work? after i have the some error.

Whould be great if you can attach a file with a conplete ASP.NET 2.0 Contact page that works here.

28. It's attached.
    Make sure you look at the readme text in the ZIP file.
    Salute,
    Mark

Attached Files: