I am trying to install a VeriSign certificate on DiscountASP.net

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by shakasha, Jun 4, 2009.

1. I am trying to install a VeriSign certificate on DiscountASP.net and get the follow error:

Error: Contains multiple certificates. Submit only your certificate, not the entire chain.

So I went to VeriSign support and they tell me they do not issue single root certificates anymore and have not since 12/2008.

We paid for and went through all the procedures with VeriSign based upon the recommendation by KB ID:136

I hope we can use the cert and plan to go live tomorrow. What can we do???

2. Sounds like the provider gave you more then one certificate under the file. Email/contact verisign and ask if you can get the user certificate without the intermediate certificate.

3. I'd recommend that you open a support ticket in the helpdesk, so that support can see if it's possible to install it manually. At least this way support can see if there's any problems.

4. I went back and forth between VeriSign and DiscountASP.net support and finally we figured out that I needed to download the X.509 version of the certificate that VeriSign told me would not work on a Microsoft server. And it worked perfectly. They had been giving me a cert with the user and intermediate cert chained together.

So, be sure to get the user only which is the X.509

Thanks!

5. ...Thanks for sharing that tip.
    All the best,
    Mark