I can?t setup a new ASP.NET Membership, Role Management, and Personalization services on my website?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by englishflas, Oct 23, 2007.

1. http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

I try to use aspnet_regsql.exe to my SQL Server 2005 database. When I perform the operation, I get an error message as below.
    How to I a new ASP.NET Membership, Role Management, and Personalization services on my website.

Setup failed.

Exception:
    An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallMembership.sql'. The SQL error number is -2 and the SqlException message is: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

----------------------------------------
    Details of failure
    ----------------------------------------

SQL Server:
    Database: [SQL2005_372151_flashcard]
    SQL file loaded:
    InstallMembership.sql

Commands failed:

/*************************************************************/

DECLARE @dbname nvarchar(128)

SET @dbname = N'SQL2005_372151_flashcard'

IF (NOT EXISTS (SELECT name
    FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases
    WHERE ('[' + name + ']' = @dbname OR name = @dbname)))
    BEGIN
    RAISERROR('The database ''%s'' cannot be found. Please run InstallCommon.sql first.', 18, 1, @dbname)
    END

SQL Exception:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPacket(Int32 bytesExpected)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByte()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at System.Web.Management.SqlServices.ExecuteFile(String file, String server, String database, String dbFileName, SqlConnection connection, Boolean sessionState, Boolean isInstall, SessionStateType sessionStatetype)

2. Did you execute the InstallCommon.sql ?