I can upload the model via the Report Server manager, but when I do the datasource it doesn't...

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by shakasha, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Yup works great local, but no print button on the report. Thus I am trying to get them on the server.

I just installed BIDS which is slick. I can go through the wizard fine, but when I try to deploy I get a permission error. First thing I set my user to a Publisher role and lost all security settings rights. oooops.

I have contacted Tech Support for help too.

I can upload the model via the Report Server manager, but when I do the datasource it doesn't seem to recognize it as such.

Making little progress at a time...

Thanks!
    Rob

Post Edited By Moderator (mjp [DASP]) : 12/17/2007 7:43:26 PM GMT

2. How about viewing the report in Report Manager itself?Are you able to do that?

In the Report Manager,after you upload the report(rdl),under 'Your_Report>Properties>Data Sources ' you should have 'Connection type' as 'Microsoft SQL Server' and your 'Connection string' specified followed by the 'Connect using' section having 'Credentials stored securely in the report server' option selected with your MS SQL credentials specified.Do you have all of this?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Tech Support reset my permissions and the Wizard of BIDS took me a successful deployment and report.

This has been an adventure, to say the least.

Thank you and hurray for DASP!

Rob