I have a problem with ASP 2.0 Web site upload

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by calinurseex, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Hi! I really need some help here.
    I have a few problems:

1. I uploaded the web site content using Copy Web Site utility of the VS Studio 2005.
    The Remote Server pane displays the list of uploaded files. However, I noticed, that some of the files are marked with '?' .
    I tryed to upload these files again and I got the following message:

Synchronize between 'C:\NurseExpress' and 'ftp://www.calinurseexpress.com/htdocs' started at 1/28/2006 7:40:52 PM.

Copy file web.config from source to remote Web site.
    Has error -- Unable to add 'web.config' to the Web. Could not find a Web server at 'www.calinurseexpress.com' on port 21. Please check to make sure that the Web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If you are sure that everything is correct, the Web server may be temporarily out of service.

2. When I tried to run the site from the browser, using the url: www.calinurseexpress.com/default.aspx
    I got the following error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

I added Default.aspx file to the list of default docs. I also deleted the rest of the 'default' docs from that list.
    Can anybody help? I am going crazy here!!!! /emoticons/mad.gif

2. Looks like you got it figured out. I like the site.

If you know how you corrected your problem, would you mind posting it here. It could aid someone else who experiences the same issue.

Thanks!

- Mikeymac