I just signed up and did not realize some of the shortcommings

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by isnoend07, May 31, 2007.

1. I have been with another host for 5 years and very seldom had issues until about 6 months ago. Support got so bad i had to bail.
    After posting all over the web for unbiased recomendations I ended here.
    No phone support and that was on my list.( my bad)
    email forwarding i assumed my host would keep a copy and they do not.
    Here is why i need this:
    A couple years ago i suddenly stopped recieving emails. I sell software and
    > tools and was not getting notified by email.
    Here is why:
    > Someone from my host was sending a lot of spam, so my isp(at&t they suck, no
    > heads up,i cancelled because of this) blocked all email coming from my
    > host(Hostway).
    > All my emails were just gone. So i set up all my email to be forwarded to a
    > gmail account and a copy was kept at my Host.
    > If something went wrong i always had a backup at gmail. My host kept a copy
    > that i could retrieve using Outlook.
    > In other words email i got is no longer on my host, but on my
    > pc and a copy is at gmail. When i download with outlook they are removed
    > from my host and i have have a copy at gmail.
    >
    > The only workaround i can think of is to have all my mail accounts setup as
    > forwarding and have gmail forward back
    > to aspnet. I do not think i can get mail from gmail using outlook, maybe i
    > will have to check.
    can anyone think of something easier or better?

2. I'm still a little confused exactly what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to find the best possible solution in moving your emails from one hosting account to our mail server?

3. The feature you are asking for is still something that our feature developement department is still looking into. We'll inform our customers as soon as we receive more input on this feature.

4. Here is how it works now, on my old host(I have not trasfered my dns)
    I recieve emails at oldfhost and a copy is sent to gmail thru email forwarding.
    The original is still on oldhost. I download the the email from oldhost using Outlook.
    Now i have the email on my personal pc and a copy at gmail.
    If something happens to my email between my pc and my host i still have a copy at gmail.
    You can set email forwarding up at Asp.net, but they do not save a copy. Once they are forwarded they are deleted.
    This is a major drawback. I never even thought to check for this when signing up. Just thought they all worked like my old host.
    You enter the name of your email address and check email forwarding and enter the forward address.
    Seems all these hosts are competing for cheapeast price, but in reality most people will pay more reliability and
    flexibility. I have been paying 19.95 a month for 5 years and until lately it was well worth it.