If I use XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS level 2.1, am I using languages that are acceptable by most

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by CARMCK, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Sure thing, I will jump over to starter kit forum BUT in this general chit chat discussion, maybe you could answer a quick question?

Generally, if I use XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS level 2.1, am I using languages that are acceptable by most browsers?

I appreciate your help.

2. Oh sorry, I was referring to the asp.net forums starter kit forums not ours.

In regards to XHTML versions, 1.1 is extremely strict. The hope being that this will help avoid some of the rendering inconsistencies between browsers. 1.0 transitional is a weaker spec. Meaning it enforces the XHTML standard but allows for HTML formatting features that are considered obsolete and a large portion of the cause of rendering issues.

In an ideal world everybody would use 1.1 and CSS for formatting. This would solve everything and make coffee. How that plays out is another story. For more information on XHTML take a look at the w3.org website.