images folder

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by siblinidesi, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Hi
    I'm trying to put the images folder to the write path, but it is not working, my website is www.siblinidesign.com.

I am trying to login using the login page in my website and it's giving me this answer

SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)]

Any ideas.

2. I checked your account and it looks like you do not have the SQL database add on. Usually this error is thrown because you are trying to connect to SQL express which we do not support. Please view this KB article.

3. Hi I am trying to make web service and i meant to put the :
    The server, port number, and directory.

any idea where to get them I found this:
    Windows 2008 - IIS 7.0 , and i put 21 like port number, e:\web\siblinidesi\htdocs as a directory,
    and it is not working.
    please help

I am going to host a new remote web site web site, I tried to do that with my old website siblinidesign.com and it asked me to enter my
    url website configured with front page server extension.
    do you support that and if yes how can I add it.

Many thanks

Youssef Siblini

4. You're on a Windows 2008 IIS7 server, which doesn't support FrontPage extensions. I would recommend against using FrontPage extensions too.

Where are you getting these errors? I'm seeing a Runtime Error on your page, but we'd need to see the exact error.

5. Oh my gosh...
    I wish everyone would sit down across a table with me before installing FPE. ;-)

Youssef...Do you really need them?
    We're here to help, just let us know. ;-)
    All the best,
    Mark