Images Not All Displayed Possibly Due to Firefox Developers Toolbar Addins

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Will1968, May 21, 2009.

1. I was wondering if anyone else had had problems with pages not displaying all the images?

I had a page that returned a bunch of images using the List View control. The images displayed correctly when tested from VS2008 but only partially so when the website was uploaded to DASP. It was as if the html was not correctly referencing the images, which I checked. The display issue was mainly on Firefox but also an issue on ie and chrome to a lesser extent. Loading the page repeatedly resulted in different images not displaying or displaying.

I then tested the page on a clean machine with plain ie, chrome and firefox (no addins) and the pages loaded correctly!

I was wondering if any of the issues were to do with the developer addins such as Fiddler, FFox dev toolbar, Yslow etc?

If anyone has had similar issues I would be interested in knowing how you solved them or if I am wrong in my supposition that it’s the addins that are causing the problem.

The attachments illustrate what I saw

Attached Files:

2. How are the images being referenced. Are the images stored in a SQL database?

3. Stored as Image Files

No, just stored as image files.

I have since accessed the test site from a different non development machine and it all seemed ok.

A bit spooky.

4. Im not sure of the specifics and unfortunately cant tell you how to deal with it, but I have seen this a few times now. So it may be a confirmed bug at this point. :confused: