Initial file load location question

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by geminirand, Jun 16, 2007.

1. I was right. I could remove the other two projects and move the contents of the main project up a folder and it works.

Thanks.

2. I loaded my files up to the account here, but have a question/problem.

In VS2005, my solution has three projects:
    AjaxToolkit
    MyOwnToolKit
    MyActualSiteProject

Well, when I uploaded these, sitting in the same directory was the default index.htm. I deleted this.

The problem is that the contents of MyActualSiteProject apparently need to be moved up a directory. But I can't move the other two projects up a directory as well. Part of me is wondering if I need to include them anyway or just the dlls.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

3. Can you briefly describe each of your projects ? eg. what is AjaxToolKit here?Is it the one provided by MS?

Are you using the 'Copy Website' option to upload from your VS 2005 to upload all the files or you publishing it ?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Thanks for the reply!

ActuallyI waswrong. TheMSAjaxToolkit is not one of the projects.

MyOwnToolkit just has two custom controls I built. The other project (FriendToolkit)is another library of custom controls from a friend, so these are both custom control libraries.

I'm wondering if I even need theseprojectsuploaded. When I build the solution, the dlls are put intoMyActualSiteProject's bin directory, so all I need is to upload the bin directory, not the two custom control projects, right?

Copy Website doesn't seem to be a part of VS2005. It's part ofVisual Web Developer, according to the help files anyway. I used CoreFTP to upload.
    Thanks.