IP question

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Erikkl2000, Aug 2, 2006.

1. I have made and admin panel to monitor my site and i have noticed that there is an ip that keeps hitting my is in one second internals.. Now i know that a user can not even click a button that quick.</o:p>
    </o:p>
    Do i need to block this ip; for security reasons?</o:p>
    And what is flags too look for when monitoring ip's?</o:p>
    thanks a BILLION!</o:p>
    ERIK</o:p>

2. mjp

mjp

I wouldn't block it until looking up the IP and seeing what it is. It could be a legitimate spider or other indexing bot.

Is this constant?

mjp
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://DiscountASP.NET

3. This is what i get from the whois.com; this is where the hits are coming from ----> appsitehosting.com

Says that sprint is the organization

what is this about </o:p>
    The app that is up now is an app that i am working with over the next four months until my real application will be launched. The one that is up now is so that i can get accustom to working with sql server and .net docs remotely. </o:p>
    I have made a little admin panel that i can get use to so that i can track what is going on in my domain. I am concerned because the app that will be released in 4 months i do not want people prying into my .libraries. This one that is up now is more less my testing server since i do not have one. So i will be testing components at this site for the other site ( components that i do not want others to see). </o:p>
    How can i tell when people have bad intentions when querying my site like this?</o:p>
    thank you for any of your experiences!</o:p>

thanks
    erik </o:p>

4. I forgot to post the IP -----> 209.235.12.36

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

erik,

this is really difficult!!! Once you put something on the web, it is pretty much available to everyone on the Internet. It is difficult to distinguish "valid" or "invalid" request just by looking at the IP address.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET