iphone support

Discussion in 'Email' started by cccc, May 27, 2010.

1. What can I expect for email service if I use an iPhone.

Currently my email doesn't sync and I can't see any folders setup in smartermail.

Techsupport said they don't support the iPhone so to post here.
    Unfortunately, yesterday I dropped my old provider and started with this one hoping that my iphone email would be synced. I'm feeling a little taken about moving to dasp now.

2. This is not a provider issue. Us or anybody else. If you are having an issue with your phone, give us the details about the problem. Talking about providers is has no bearing on your problem.

What is your IPHONE doing - or not doing?

3. Currently my email doesn't sync and I can't see any folders setup in smartermail.

4. mjp

mjp

Did you set up the email account(s) in SmarterMail?

I don't have a clue how email on an iPhone works, but I'm pretty sure that SmarterMail only syncs contacts as far as iPhone is concerned.

In any event, if you don't lay the groundwork (set up your mailbox(es)) there isn't going to be anything to connect to or sync with.

5. I have the mailboxes setup. That's how I knew it wasn't syncing.

What version of smartermail is being used?

I see from the smartermail website (which shows the latest version 6.x) that iphone support sync is supported in the Enterprise version and if you buy an add on you can do over-the-air sync with exchange.

I know dasp is using version 5.x but I don't what version (pro/enterprise, etc.) or what add-ons are present. I don't know what sync smartermail said is available in 5.x

I do know before I started my account I emailed DASP and they referenced a tech document on how to setup a iPhone. After sending in my money I found out it doesn't quite work.

6. ..Currently Enterprise v5.5

7. I found your support tickets regarding this where you posted the same exact statements and questions. Support already provided you with all this information as well as a detailed explanation as to why this is not a provider issue.

As was already suggested, use a computer with a mail client installed to confirm this for yourself.

8. DASP, I'd like to see your explanation that you gave to CCCC, b.c i have the same issue.

9. mjp

mjp

Check out this SmarterTools KB article for connecting to a POP account. As far as sync is concerned, again, I believe that SmarterMail will only sync contacts.