Is it true COPYFROMSCREEN method is just for WinForm Application only?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by maryann, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Hi,
    According to Mr Frank, DISCOUNTASP.Net tech support, the method "CopyFromScreen" I used is
    only applicable to WinForms only. I only wonder why this method/command is running in my pc
    with webform application using localhost web server. If it's only for WinForm application
    then the command will not be accepted by the program in the first place. And he said that
    DISCOUNTASP.Net has no user's session on web server. What do you mean by this? Please explain
    because I used session variables in my programs and it's running on your web server. I posted
    my problem to the forum and Mr Vikram advised me to ask UIPermission from helpdesk tech
    support about security issue. Please recover this problem asap. Thanks.
    Below is advised by Mr Vikram from DASP.Net Forum:
    I believe the method needs UIPermission for access to all windows.Looks like a security
    issue.Please issue a ticket to DASP tech support to confirm it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vikram
    DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Below is Mr Frank's opinion:
    Dear Customer,
    The method you are using, CopyFromScreen, captures the screen of the server. You cannot use
    this on our web server because there's no user session.
    This method is generally used for winform application.
    Frank
    DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Well how do you get the screen capture if no one is logged on to the server.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET