LiveStats dead, but we're still paying for it?

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by singproinc, Jul 5, 2008.

1. According to the Microsoft page (who now owns and is killing LiveStats):

DeepMetrix Products & Support Docs
    Given the new rollout of adCenter Analytics, we will no longer update DeepMetrix products LiveSTATS.Net, LiveSTATS.XSP, and LiveSTATS.Biz, which are approaching their End of Service Life (EOSL).

Effective April 30, 2008, reporting and product support for these products has been discontinued, along with hosted services, data collection, and technical support.

I'm paying monthly for a discontinued product. Is there a cost-effective alternative to this? It's been very useful.

2. Hi,
    The replacement is SmarterStats.
    Check your Control Panel you should be able to enable them for free.
    This has been a transition process DASP is still working on but I find SmarterStats are much better.
    Salute,
    Mark

3. Will I lose my LiveStats info? Does it give as much information as I'm getting from LiveStats?

The info that discountasp offers is nearly non-existent; and I can't activate SmarterStats without disabling LiveStats.

It could be a great thing, but I'd like to see it in action before I dump what I have. Is there more information that I'm missing? I've been through the knowledge base, but there is nothing there about its features and operation.

Thanks for your quick response, Mark

4. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

5. Eric:

Good looking set of tools. Can it display the information that was collected by LiveStats, or will all those comparisons that I like to make on year-to-date and month-to-month comparisons be lost forever, once I make the switch?

6. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

You will lose the information from livestats when you transition over. Basically, smarterstats will start fresh.

Also, livestats and smarterstats are two different programs so even if they read the same log files, they would interpret the results differently as do all different stats programs. You wouldn't be able to compare information from one program with information from another.

Eric
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2008 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best .NET Hosting Service