LivingForMetal.com

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by vanbebar, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Still a work in progress (as always) but it is officially launched..

Feel free to check it out : www.livingformetal.com

2. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cool site! I loves me some metal. Cradle of Filth has been dominating my iPod sessions of late.

3. Thanks Dude... Metal Is Life!!! [​IMG]

4. I'm not even a huge metal fan and I think you're site ROCKS!

5. Thank you for the kind words, Trevor :)

The site is coming along nicely.. I have some pretty cool design plans in the future... but it might take me awhile.. lol

6. Very attractive site! I'm impressed.

It does a really nice job of expanding to the page width. Most variable-width sites end up looking quite messy.

Awesome graphics and design througout the site as well. You really pull off the style and still get a ton of information on the home page.

One possible suggestion: The furthest right column with boxes labled 'guest' and 'site statistics' takes up a lot of real-estate but has almost nothing in that column. You might get a better use of the page if you add those to one of the other columns, like the far left column.

7. AWESOME SITE!!

8. mjp

mjp

Are you using InstantForum.NET for the whole site, or did you integrate that into your existing layout?

mjp

DiscountASP.NET Team
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

9. mjp, sorry about the late response :(

I use InstantForum.Net's Userbase and authentication API for the site... but I built everything else.

Just starting to re-write the site, from scratch, in ASP.NET 2.0. Currently working on my new Data Access Layer (the most important part of any site, in my opinion ;))

I sure appreciate everyone's kind words... It's been a lot of work.

Also, I also want to thank Discountasp.net. My hosting services have been very rock solid and the servers are quite speedy..

Thanks much, to all.

P.S. To address the comment about the "right" column taking up space but not having much in it... Well, that layout is used throughout the site.. and on most other pages... there are additional data displayed within that column. ASP.NET 2.0's Masterpages will allow for a more subtle solution to this. Thanks for the comment :)