@Mail has major problems with attachments

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by jasonlehman, May 22, 2007.

1. The new @Mail web client does not always allow me to save off attachments that have been sent to me.

In one instance a few weeks ago, someone forwarded a message to me, and while I was able to see the email that he sent, the message he was forwarding never showed up. It was an attached message, not just text in the body of the email (sort of like how in Outlook you choose "attach item" and then attach another email message). However, I was able to log into the Squirrelmail client and see the attachment.

In a second instance today, two Word docs were sent to me, and displayed at the bottom of my email as icons. I was able to save these off, but when I tried to open these files from my PC they opened blank (with no text in them). The file sizes were 0kb as well. Even when I clicked them in @Mail and selected "Open" instead of "Save", they opened empty. When I saved these same files off from Squirrelmail, they opened properly with the text I was expecting to see.

Definitely something not right with @Mail's attachment functionality. Is this a known issue? How much overlap will we have withSquirrelmail once @Mail comes out of Beta?Overall I'm pleased with the new email client and like the usability, but these are showstopper bugs in my opinion.

Post Edited (jasonlehman) : 5/22/2007 4:30:18 PM GMT

2. I also recommend that you open a support ticket for this issue. This will allow our email administrator to pull up your account and perform some test along with recording all the issues and bugs with @mail.

3. Done. Ticket # 700306. Thanks for the quick reply Raymond!