Mailing List

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by shqipo, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Mailing Lists would be helpful on DiscountASP - not for spamming but to send newsletters to our customers.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Mailing list is already in the list of features that we want to implement in the future.

quote:Originally posted by shqipo

Mailing Lists would be helpful on DiscountASP - not for spamming but to send newsletters to our customers.
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

3. Ecellent! I'll be looking forward to see that implemented!

4. Bruce, you wrote the following back in 2003... After almost 3 years isn't there any action of adding mailing list in your default features....

-----------------------------
    >> Mailing list is already in the list of features that we want to implement in the future.

bruce
    Forum Moderator

Posted 2/26/2003 3:17 AM (GMT -8)

5. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

It is still on our list of service enhancements but our pipeline is priortized by customer demand, new technologies, backend system enhancements...etc. This particular projecthas been pushed back due to other priorities. Also, for mailing lists, there are already many third party vendors that specialize in mass mailing. We will get to this in the future.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

6. Thank you Dasp. The mailing list I need is the one that will have my own domain name, not like @yahoogroups.com OR @topica.com....

Example, when a message is sent to [email protected], we want it to be delivered to all people that have @OurDomain.org addresses. And when they RepylTo a message they should see [email protected].

We could have done this simply by using your email forwarding system BUT unfortunately (and yes unfortunately) each forwarding address is limited to be sent to 5 addresses only in your system, whereas we need about 50 addess in the list..