MASTER PAGE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by uts, Aug 20, 2005.

1. uts

uts

I CAN GET MY INDEX.ASPX PAGE TO VIEW ALONG WITH MY MASTERPAGE!!!!!!!

I CREATED A STANDALONE INDEX.ASPX PAGE AND IT LOADED FINE BUT IF I TRY TO MAKE THE INDEX.ASPX PAGE ASSOCIATE WITH A MASTER PAGEI GET THIS ERROR

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! (IN EASY TO UNDERSTAND TERMS.....PLEASE)
    Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The 'MasterPageFile' attribute is not supported by the 'page' directive.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/UTSMASTER.master" Title="AP800 We service all makes and models of magnetic particle equipment including equipment manufactured by Magnaflux, Advance Test Equipment/Magna Check, Magwerks, Uresco/Ardrox, Gould Bass, Solid State Systems, Tiede, Universal NDT, TSI, Econospect, Hannon Electric, Sonoflux, Parker Research, and many others. 
    Line 2:  
    Line 3:  Parts are stocked for repairs, and in many cases a loaner or rental equipment is available. 
    Source File: E:\web\unitedtesti\htdocs\index.aspx Line: 1

2. uts

uts

no the problem ended up being that its asp beta 2.0 version... so i'm kind of skrewed now that I finished it all... I have no idea if this is going to work but i'm going to get my hands on visual studios pro 2003 and try to load my pages i created with beta 2.0 and see if i can maybe conver everything... or i will have to redo it.... or wait untill beta 2.0 gets released and its supported. :(

3. Are you running this page on a server that is running ASP.Net 2.0? MasterPages are not supported in ASP.Net 1.x