membership class based tools

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by mikecotic, Mar 26, 2008.

1. .net has a class named membership , which provides simple methods like getuser().username and others , those methods are working in most web applications , after all its reasonable to assume they have implemented there security from some custom membership provider .
    how come i couldn't fine tool based on the membership provider ... for example o poll system , a statistics system , or a forum based on those methods ???

2. There's a good rundown here:
    http://www.asp.net/learn/security/

And many of the Starter Kits do use those methods.
    Did you need more specific information?
    Salute,
    Mark

3. wow , thanks those links have great users managing systems , but it wasn't quite what i was looking for - i was looking for things that can be used to enhance the website from the user view not from the administration view , things like a forum or a poll or whatever else might be there.
    btw , did you happen to know of any good statistics system , all the good things i found costed money and i want a free one ...

4. i dont even know under what keyword to search what i need , i browsed google for hours for no results ..

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Steve, Thanks for posting the tool. I've been looking for one myself.

Additional note, if you are on IIS 7, you can now manage the membership using the IIS 7 manager.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET