Membership Problems

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by vvsharma, May 17, 2007.

1. Make sure you are not referring to your SQL express in your web.config.What does your connection string look like?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. Hi,
    I have database in Discount ASP.NET. I am using membership in My application.
    When I use the application locally it is working fine. I uploaded all to my server.
    when I try to access its giving an errors like this.
    My database has all the membership tables but still aspnetDB.mdf and Ldf also
    there in my App_Data folder. So I uploaded that also still not working..

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) "

Thanks in advance
    Sridhar

3. There is no problem with connection string. If I disable "Membership" [authorization]

I am able to connect to database update the records and no issues once I enable authorization

then I am grtting the problem.

I have all the tables related to Memebership are in my database only

Question is should I have to have "ASPNETDB.MDF and LDF"

4. Attaching ASPNETDb.MDF will just create the membership schema on our server ,which is needed if your application will be using the membership provider .Make sure the information in your connectionstring(Data Source) is correct . Your error clearly states the cause :---(provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) )

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Here is my connection string

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="XXXX" connectionString="Data Source=Sql.XXXX.XXXX.VVVV;Initial Catalog=XXXXXX;User ID=XXXXXX;Password=XXXXXXXXXX" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

If I disable authorization I could able to connect and do all data modifications

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

7. I have Database on my discount asp.net.
    When I log in with user Id I am getting the error. Please help me out

Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

Details are given below [there are few questions also I am writing here]
    1. I have uploded my database I configured My application database in such a way all the membership
    related tables[eg: aspnet_Applications, aspnet_users] also in my same database.
    Question : Do I have to Load ASPNET.MDF again in to my app_data folder ?
    [I have actually upoaded again to my remote app_data folder because I dont know ]

2. Next Step

I have created user[​IMG][​IMG], I checked my user database users are available
    But when I login
    Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

3. I have added my web.config as the following still not working
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03yyyf5p0a3a"
    connectionStringName="SDB"
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
    requiresUniqueEmail="false"
    passwordFormat="Hashed"
    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1"
    passwordAttemptWindow="10"
    passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""
    applicationName="/ss9" /></providers></membership>

Is there any thing else I should do ?
    Thanks
    Sri

</BLOCKQUOTE>

8. 1>Well,just uploading the database file (mdf) to the App_Data folder wont work.Are you using MS SQL 2000 or MS SQL 2005 ?In the later case,see :http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10431 (attach mdf using SQL tool suite-within your DASP Control Panel)

Please see: http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10413 to know more about configuring membership/role provider to use MS SQL 2K/2K5

2>Are you trying to log in with the additional user or the main user?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET