membership - works on one site but not the other

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Kabb, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Can anyone suggest what might be causing this problem. I've spent a week on it now.

I have two separate dasp accountseach with its owndatabases. I have the same application on each
    account as well as a local version.
    I can log in to my local version and one of the remote sites but not the other.
    I can maintain all three membership databases (local, dasp1 dasp2)from my local machine with different connection strings. I have made sure that the applicationName is set for each one (differently).
    I have even tried deleting and reinstalling the membership db on dasp2 but still can't log in.
    as far as I can see the setup is the same for both dasp sites and only the connection strings differ.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I have no more hair to pull out.

Thanks

Kev

2. Is this while accessing the dasp2 database from your web application?If yes,what is the exact error message?Have you tried connecting to the database directly?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Hi Vikram Thanks for the reply.
    Yes this was accessing dasp2 from webapp2. The message was the standard Login unsuccessful or sometimes no message at all. In this instance the default page would be reloaded but the user not logged in.
    I have created another web application in site2 with a copy of site1 pointing at dasp1 and this worked. Changed the connection strings and applicationName to use dasp2 and it worked. I can only assume that something screwed up when I first created the new site and remained a problem.
    One thing that made it difficult to see what was happening was that the original site seemed to be cached for a long time (hours) even when recycling the application pool and stopping/starting iis several times.

Thanks again

Kev