Microsoft Reporting Error (Local Processing)

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Bruce, May 16, 2007.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hmmm.. THis error isn't really helpful.

Do you have charts and graphs on your report?

Have you tried a simple report and see if it works?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. Dear All,

I have created application in VS 2005 using ASP.net 2.0 and VB.NET 2005. I have used Microsoft Reporting i.e. *.rdlc and its report Viewer, Report processing Mode is local (not remote). I was working fine on local machine and on Intranet.

When i had uploaded the project on discountasp.net account. following error was raising.

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module
    could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
    web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found.
    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]

We contacted to discount Asp support andthey resolved the same by setting permission to one of their system DLL.

Now New error is coming.

Error is ........
    An error has occurred during report processing.
    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Again we contacted to discount asp and they redirected us to here.
    HereI am givingyou the detail ofmy *.Aspx code of Report Viewer form, no code is written in code behind
    And its working fine locally and on Intranet.

*.aspx code View of Report Viewer Form
    *******************************************************************************
    <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Report_EnglishInvoice.aspx.vb" Inherits="Web_Pages_Reports_Report_EnglishInvoice" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    Namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" TagPrefix="rsweb" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head runat="server">
    <title>EXFP - English Invoice</title>
    </head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
    <table style="width:auto">
    <tr>
    <td align="center" style="width: 100%; text-align: left;" valign="top">
    &amp;nbsp;<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana"
    Font-Size="8pt" Height="800px" ShowFindControls="False" ShowPromptAreaButton="False"
    ShowRefreshButton="False" Width="800px">
    <LocalReport ReportPath="Web_Pages\Reports\Report_EnglishInvoice.rdlc">
    <DataSources>
    <rsweb:ReportDataSource DataSourceId="ObjectDataSource1" Name="ReportDataSet_Report_DT_EnglishInvoice" />
    </DataSources>
    </LocalReport>
    </rsweb:ReportViewer>
    <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetData"
    TypeName="ReportDataSetTableAdapters.Report_DT_EnglishInvoiceTableAdapter" OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}">
    <SelectParameters>
    <asp:SessionParameter Name="ord_ID" SessionField="Report_EI_OrdID" Type="Int32" />
    </SelectParameters>
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>
    &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    ***************************************************************************************

please check out this error and guide me what should i do to resolve this problem, and if I am doing some thing wrong then provide me the sample code, how to do the same in correct way, although the above application is working fine locally and on Intranet.

Regards,
    Muhammad Zahid Iqbal
    Emmaculate

3. I believe the error may be due to the following:
    <asp:SessionParameter Name='ord_ID' SessionField='Report_EI_OrdID' Type='Int32' />

Make sure that the session variable with name 'Report_EI_OrdID' exists.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Thanks for taking interest,

Well currently, I dont have any chart or graph on my report, although the query is complex in some report, but even in simple reportwithsimple query i.e. ( select * from company_table), no parameter, no where condition and only 3 records are present in company table, still i am getting the same error.

Session Variable 'Report_EI_OrdID' does exist, and all reports are working fine locally and on intranet........

What to do........................????

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

What is the URL to the report?

I'd like to take a peek at it.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET