Migrate DotNetNuke to DiscountASP

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by delymarnet0, May 22, 2009.

1. If anyone would provide assistance I would be eternally grateful. I'm attempting to migrate from one domain to another. The "from domain" currently is a .COM domain with SSL and DotNetNuke is configured for SSL for the entire site. The "to domain" is a .NET domain without SSL.

I should also mention that I create a portal alias in the current product .COM site to the .NET site.

I've restored the SQL database without issue. I've migrated file content without issue.

I have several problem that I thought I could overcome with simple changes in records in SQL for the configuration on the DASP side.

1) without any changes the .NET site will immediate redirect to an SSL version of the .NET site (which does not exist).

2) If I change the TABS table record column for the home page called IsSecure to "False" (from True) it get the dreaded "object reference not set to an instance of an object..." error.

I've tried changing the HOST url in HostSettings to the .NET site vs the .COM site, same issue.

I should also add that in some iteration of trying to get this working I had a perpetual redirection issue which would present itself in different ways depending on what browser and version you had... I fixed this by restoring the DB again.

Anyone have a clue???

Thanks in advance to the genius that can figure this one out.

Joe

2. Joe
    It sounds like you have redirect script some where in your coding. Check your coding specifically your startup pages and do a search on "response.redirect". You may need to comment those lines out of your application.

3. raymondp,
    Thanks for the reply. I figured out my problem and it's pretty sad... I never migrated the "portals" directory from my previous provider to the DiscountASP hosting space... That fixed this problem...

I'm going to post another thread regarding new issue that has me pretty much dead in the water although the site is up and users can browse around..

Thanks again

Joe