Migration problems with WebSupergoo's ABCpdf

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by endormedia, Feb 15, 2005.

1. We've recently learned we can not use certain ABCpdf methods on discountasp.net server.
    We've been using ABCpdf on other servers, saving dynamic ASP.NET pages in PDF format (allowing authorized users to download our product catalog, text and images, in this format).
    Since now we are not allowed to use the AddImage and AddImageUrl methods, we'd like to find out whether other forum members have dealt with this problem and how: Is there another application one may install on one's site that would make this possible? Is there a simple way to create such pages (with formatted text and images) using ABCpdf?

Any clue would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

2. Has anyone else solved this problem? Are there other recommended components?

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

4. The problem I have with this answer, is that you supply a component and 90% of it's key functionality is disabled. You can't build tables, even using the native PDF library without the AddImage function. maybe you can dump some text, but to have any kind of richness to the PDF, it can't work.

Is there a resolve for this? I spent a lot of money on the developer version so I can develop against it for my site (because you advertise it as a component, but now my money was wasted.

Will this be fixed anytime soon????

Matthew Olivia
    MCO Media