MS office web components in asp.net 2.0 problem

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by khurram155, Feb 18, 2008.

1. our site is hosted on discount asp.net , and its using office web component 11.0 to create dynamic excel sheets in asp.net 2.0 web forms.

The system is running fine on local machine where office suite and office web components 11 are installed . but on discount asp.net server the application generates a configuration error in web.config file.

DLL is also copied to BIN folder but errors is still there !

kindly assist in this regard asap.

what i feel is that web components need to be registered on the server through gaucutil.exe utility of .net framework so that all asp.net 2.0 apps can use it.

any suggestions ?

URL :http://www.efaran.com/rfq-management/login.aspx

error :

Server Error in '/RFQ-Management' Application.

Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 27: 		<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
    Line 28: 			<assemblies>
    Line 29: 				<add assembly="Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71E9BCE111E9429C"/></assemblies></compilation>
    Line 30: 
    Line 31: <pages>
    Source File: E:\web\efarancom00\htdocs\rfq-management\web.config Line: 29

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' could not be loaded.

Code:
    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature 

2. I have now copeid Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11.dll from windows\assembly folder .

Now atleast my site is LIVE again but the correspondign page that generates the asssembly;s object to generate

excel sheet is returning this exception although the file is present in BIN folder.

please suggest

3. Open a Support Ticket in your account.
    I'm not sure we have access to the Excel functions here.
    Salute,
    Mark

4. i raised tickets but still no luck.

still looking for suggestions on this.

regards

5. Can you verify if this is the right version you uploaded on the bin directory? You might want to open this in your local machine and look at the property tab and double check the version.

rcp
    DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET