Multiple FTP accounts / Management Console

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by bakasan, May 21, 2003.

1. Would be nice if accounts could have the ability to create new FTP accounts in their control panel--even better would be the ability to then specify which web applications and/or subdirectories that account had access to, maybe even specify their home home directory and such.

I have a personal need and could see others using discountasp in situations where they have clients or partners who need the ability to upload files larger than one would normally send over an e-mail attachment--in my case, I specifically need the file to be web hosted anyhow.

Obviously I'd rather not hand over my one and only ftp account into my site, so a solution like this would be ideal.

(And yes, I realize I could develop an upload mechanism via a web page, but I'd actually prefer the granular control that a direct ftp account would afford those individuals that I'd like to grant access into the site).

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

THank you for your suggesting.

I've send this to our product developer to consider.
    quote:Originally posted by bakasan

Would be nice if accounts could have the ability to create new FTP accounts in their control panel--even better would be the ability to then specify which web applications and/or subdirectories that account had access to, maybe even specify their home home directory and such.

I have a personal need and could see others using discountasp in situations where they have clients or partners who need the ability to upload files larger than one would normally send over an e-mail attachment--in my case, I specifically need the file to be web hosted anyhow.

Obviously I'd rather not hand over my one and only ftp account into my site, so a solution like this would be ideal.

(And yes, I realize I could develop an upload mechanism via a web page, but I'd actually prefer the granular control that a direct ftp account would afford those individuals that I'd like to grant access into the site).
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">