Multiple Root Domains

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Detter, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Can anyone help me. I have 3 domains that I want to server for my one account. Not Sub-domains all are root domains. I currently have the first one
    setup. I have tried to read this form for information on setting the other 2 roots up. I have found that one doc says one thing and another says something else. Can anyone please give me the step-by-step form beginning to end one doc of what I have to do to setup these other 2 roots. They will need to be directed to sub-folders in my existing account. And if someone comes to

www.web1.com they go to the root of the account
    www.web2.com they go to the web2 sub-folder
    www.web3.com they go to the web3 sub-folder

I have the unlimited sub-domain/IP already. Also can I get separate IP address for the other 2 root domains. If I was on my own server I would just set them up as virtual hosts and point my dns to them but in this shared service I am not sure what to do.

Somethings I have been looking at is URL rewriting but I am not sure how that will work with SSL. I would really like to have separate SSL Cert. for them.

2. Hi,
    They can't be assigned to sub folders.
    You get one root domain and the others are Pointers.
    What you do with them is all up to you via the code on your site.
    I do believe some DASP accounts are already using site certs for sub-folders.
    Yes the ISS7 URL re-writing can handle it.
    You can find lots of resources for that on http://www.iis.net/
    All the best,
    Mark

3. As for your domain to sub-folder question, you'll need to code your domains to pull the content from the sub-folder you wish. We offer a sample code which you may follow here