Multiple Web Applications to one discountasp.net account

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Sargis8787, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Hi to All,

For Example i have to diferent Web Sites Website1 and Website2 each of them has appropriate Website1.com and Website2.com domains, i want support these two websites through one account of discountasp.net,

Already i have account of discountasp.net,
    and lets say, that i have to domains registered by any domain registrar (Website1.com, Website2.com).

Thanks,

2. Hi,
    Your first domain is the root domain, each additonal domain you want can be a pointer.
    Just add them, addons in your Control Panel, and Support will Email you when they are pointers for your account.
    All the best,
    Mark

3. Is it true, that each discountnet account can support one Web Site/Application

4. Hi,
    I'm not sure where you are headed with that info...
    I have many times successfully ran multiple sites with individual forum applications with one DASP server and multiple domains.
    In no way am I saying there are no shared hosting limitations, just that I have done this with no trouble here. ;-)
    All the best,
    Mark

5. Dow you know about Discountnet's account Control panel
    there is a "Web Application Tool" form, where you can create new Web Applications, but there is one root Web Application.
    If i want to hav seperate Web Application in Seperate Folder how can i do that ?

6. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

7. Sorry but i cannot redirect to this link !

8. mjp

mjp

The link works. Did you click it or copy and paste? Copy and paste won't work because the forum shortens long URLs when it displays them.

support.discountasp.net > Knowledge Base > Control Panel > Tools & Utilities > What is the Web Application Tool and how do I use it?

9. The Web Application tool in the control panel allows you to designate a directory as the starting point (application root) for an application.
    in this case we should change only application start point.
    I want to have two directories and appropriate two Applications (with its own start point folders).
    Already i have to registered domains for these two applications. How can i do that ??

10. Takeshi Eto

You can set the two directories as its own Application Starting Point using the Web Application Tool in the Control Panel.

As for your domains, you can add them as Root Domain Pointer Addons to your account. Then programically redirect the domains to the directories.

11. Can i have more then one Root domains associated with one account. ? if i have olready registered domains how can i associate these two domains to my discountasp account ?

Thanks.

12. Takeshi Eto

You would add the Root Domain Pointer addon. If you already own the domains, then you can order the addon via the Control Panel. Check the Pointer section.

13. Thanks for help !!