Multiple Websites/Subdomains

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by cmsesan1, Nov 4, 2009.

1. I have 2 different Websites/applications hosted elsewhere. These are as follows:
    • sansburycc.com - My main Web site
    • hbs.sansburycc.com - A demo application
    The sansburycc.com domain is registered with fasthosts.co.uk. I changed the nameservers there to point at the hoster, and I guess host headers are used to direct traffic to the correct site.

The problem is that my current hoster is based in Denver, and I need hosting in the U.K. so the demo application works as fast as possible.

I signed up here with the sansburycc.com domain and added a SQL 2008 database. Then I was hoping to be able to create a subdomain, hbs.sansburycc.com, and to create another Website/application for that Web site. Is this possible with DASP.NET?

I had visions of having a Web site hosted here with a subdomain for each customer's Web application, or to host a customer's Web site with a subdomain for their internal application/s.

Could you also tell me if I would get a full refund if I cancelled my account (including the database charge), as I only signed up today? This would allow me the option to just leave things as is, should moving my 2 sites be awkward.

2. mjp

mjp

You can do that with the "unlimited subdomain" add-on and a programmatic redirect of traffic to the subdomain(s).