network problem after migrating to SMARTMAIL

Discussion in 'Email' started by Bruce, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Sounds like a DNS issue to me. Have you opened a ticket?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. Hello,

I am using Discountasp.net for hosting my domina www.luckymetro.com and it was ok until the SmartMail migration though now my users are experiencing diffuculties in getting as well as sending mail.

In my office, we use a Email Server named MDAEMON by ALT-N and it was working ok until the SmartMail mirgration and the MAIL Server collect mail by a inbuilt method of MULTIPOP and I have to mention the discountasp.net' s MX record for POP3 to collect email from them to MDAEMON which is installed in my Windows 2003 Server machine.

Now my problems are:

1. I cannot open the page http://webmail.luckymetro.com which is my domain or else a TRACERT webmail.luckymetro.com will not work either and it fails.

2. some of my users in the office cannot send to some other users who use the same domain email account as it says DNS errors.

Also the Mail Server company MDAEMON, wants to know the following which I am clueless and please help me how to resolve these things:

"You will need to work with your ISP to determine how you are supposed to send and receivefrom their servers. Once you have that information, we can work with you on configuring MDaemon to use the methods that the ISP requires. "

thanks

Shan

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.