New helpdesk

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mjp, Dec 24, 2008.

1. mjp

mjp

I posted this in the announcements forumas well, but duplicated it here so you could comment or give us your feedback. - mjp

We just began using a new support portal: https://support.discountasp.net. You can log in using your Control Panel username and password.

The support portal replaces our old helpdesk and Knowledge Base. This change affects you in a couple of ways, so I thought I would mention them here.

First and foremost, in order to submit or view tickets through the portal you have to verify your email address. When you have logged in for the first time you will notice that there are no links to submit a ticket or view tickets. Those links will be activated when you verify your email address. Check the admin email box for your DiscountASP.NET account to find the verification message. Click the link in the message and your email will be verified. If you do not receive the email you can resend it by clicking on the "My Settings" link in the portal, and clicking the "Re-send verification email" button.

You can still submit tickets to support and billing via email and bypass the portal, but those tickets will not be available in a ticket history, and you may be asked to authenticate using an account password before your response is answered, depending on the email address you send from. Additionally, if you submit your tickets through the portal, the support and billing departments will have some critical information about your account readily available, which will speed up replies.

Previous ticket histories will not be available in the new support portal or in Control Panel. Unfortunately the old helpdesk system was really old, and not even remotely compatible with the new system, so no import of ticket histories could be performed. We still have access to the old helpdesk, however, so we can access your ticket history should it be necessary.

The new Knowledge base is set up the same way the old KB was, but the presentation is a bit different, so it may take a bit of poking around to get used to. The search is improved, however, and we have a wealth of statistics available to us to help improve the Knowledge Base as time goes on. The old Knowledge Base will remain available, but we will no longer update it.

Weare confidentthat the new support portal is an effective tool, and hope that as you use it you will come to appreciate the improvements over the old system.