Newbie Error I think

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Chris cee, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Hi

I'm new to this host and seem to be getting a DB error, but can't see what I need to change.

MY web config file has this entry

<connectionStrings>

<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|Club.mdf;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

Any idea what I should change it to?

2. Replace
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|Club.mdf;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    </connectionStrings>

with
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=Data Server ;Integrated Security=False;Initial Catalog=Database Name;User ID=Database_user;Password=Password" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

To make things easy for our customers,we have provided them with a 'connectionString' value for thier corresponding DB ,within thier Database Management Section in the Control Panel.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. You will find your DataServer Name(i.e SQL Server Name)under the Database Management in your Control Panel.Infact you wil find the whole connection string in there corresponding to your DB account.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Thank you for that.

Little confused! What is the data.server I need to point to as I have an inbedded .mdf file in my website build, do I have to connect to a discountasp.net server?

Is so what is it called?