NLog question

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by rlcraven, May 29, 2013.

1. Hello,

My application uses NLog for error reporting via email. It works well but occasionally I get this error message:

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Error in processing. The server response was: Greylisted, please try again in 900 seconds

I am guessing that NLog tried to send too many messages too quickly.

Other than eliminating the errors ;) does anyone know how to get rid of this error?

Thanks,
    Randy

2. tasha

tasha DiscountASP.NET HBIC

3. Thank you Tasha!

You are correct that the email messages are going from one account to another within my domain... from [email protected] to [email protected].

Having read the article, it sounds like disabling the greylisting would be safe in this case, because the sending email account only exists on the DASP mail server. There's no other computer that could be hijacked to send spam under that account.

I will disable the greylisting for the sending account unless you think that is unwise.

Thanks again!

4. tasha

tasha DiscountASP.NET HBIC

There's no danger in disabling greylisting other than the specter of more spam :) If it ever becomes a problem, you can always tighten up the spam filtering or use content filtering in SmarterMail to rein it in.

5. Thank you very much Tasha!