Noob Questions about Learning and Personal Website Starter Kit

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by neutrino626, Jan 13, 2007.

1. I just started learning ASP.NET 2.0 and C#... I just read the sitepoint book ASP.NET using VB and C# but i personally prefer the way the C# language looks versuses the VB language. I basically have no programming language expereince except what i read through that book. I would just like to know if anyone could recommend any other books or anything that would help me please let me know. I just got a book from Barnes and Noble.. Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 in C# 2005 From Novice To Professional.. so I will just have to see if thats a good book..

Also, I have uploaded a Personal Webstie from THe Starter Kit, can i get it to run using the AttachDBF thing or would I have to actually setup the SQL DataBase to run it on DASP.

This is what is in the web config file:

<connectionStrings>

<add name="Personal" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Personal.mdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf" />

</connectionStrings>

2. To run it on DASP servers,you will need a MS SQL Database.The information specified in the default connectionstring points to SQL Express database ,which runs fine locally ,but is not supported on DASP servers.
    As far as books are concerned , to begin with books like 'ASP.NET 2.0 Everyday Apps For Dummies ' && 'Sams Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days' would be a good idea.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET