Not all images on a page will load

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Harvey Birdman, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Hey, all -

I have a weird problem since upgrading my site to .NET 2.0. There are a couple of pages on the site that have a number of images. Not all the images will display properly when the page is loaded. There is nothing exceptional about those that fail to load - they are near the bottom of the page, but other than that they're nearly identical to others that load successfully, and they're only about 2KB in size (.gif's). This seems independent of browser type - I've observed it with both FireFox and IE. It's almost as if the page will load only a certain number of images and no more.

If anyone is interested in taking a look, the URL is http://brightideassoftware.com/rmn3D.aspx . Scroll to the bottom of the page. There should be a series of b/w screenshots running down the right side of the page - you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for your help...

2. I tried in IE7 and Firefox2, all 12 show right away.
    Refreshing, hard refresh, they always show quickly.
    Not sure what to recommend on your side.
    Salute,
    Mark

3. Hi, Mark -

Thanks for checking it out for me, dude. [​IMG] That's good to know. I should have specified I was using the asp:Image component - I was hoping there was something specific to that which might explain it. But if it's unique to me, I guess I won't worry about it.

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

5. Thanks, Bruce. Weird. It's totally repeatable. I have an in-house 2K3 server as a dev platform and it looks fine if I look at it there, it's only the remote version that fails. Beats me.

[​IMG]

6. Could it be a caching issue on a machine where those images didn't load once? What if you do a hard refresh by pressing Ctrl+F5?

7. I was able to view them all too.It is surely something on your side.Have you tried viewing it from a different machine,possibly on the same network?

Try the following:

1>Clear your browser cache and see if this helps.It might be full or corrupt?
    2>Did you install any third party ad-blocker or firewall recently?If you have Norton internet security installed on your machine ,try re-setting your personal firewall settings and see if this helps!

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

8. Hi, guys -

Nope, no joy. Weird. Cleared the cache and all that and I get exactly the same results. Tried another machine and while the results weren't exactly identical they were simlar - not all the images would load. Weird.

[​IMG]

9. All images loaded fine for me as well. Tested with IE 7 & Firefox.