Office help

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by ev00l, Feb 27, 2008.

1. This is a long shot, but perhaps somebody will be kind to help me out.

I have a microsoft word document template (.dotx). In the header i have automatic date insertion.
    How ever, when i am done editing my letter, and save it as normal document (.docx) it also saves the date function. So when i open the letter again someday, its the actual present date in the header, not the date that i wrote it. How can i make it auto insert date in the template, and make it static text when i save it in .docx ?

thx in advance

ev00l; e-fabrikken

2. The date expression for cells or templates is:

3. When i save an edited letter (from the template) in docx, it still updates the date when i reopen the letter, lets say a week later.

4. OK, I'll dig into this and get back with you once I have a good solution. [​IMG]

5. Thx alot :D
    Most helpfull forum i have tried in a long while.

6. Yeah, and thats what i use in my template, but when i then save a copy of the letter in docx, i want the date to be actual date i sent the letter, not the date that i reopen it.

So, in my template i want =DATE(), and when i then save it i want "13.April 2008"

7. I'm not really following you, have only had one cup of Espresso this morning. [​IMG]
    When I use that Date template in Office documents I always save a new file, not the template.
    This way your date change is saved, not updated next time.
    As I said, I'm not thinking properly yet, but is that close?

8. There are only three options I've been able to find, other than the keyboard shortcuts of course.

1. =Date()

2. =TODAY()

3. =NOW()
    Today will insert the current date and Now will insert the current date and time.
    Keyboard shortcuts are:
    Current dateCTRL+;
    Current timeCTRL+SHIFT+;
    Current date and timeCTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+;
    Word 2007 also has the Quick Parts feature:

1. Click where you want to insert the date or time.
    2. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Quick Parts.

[​IMG]
    3. Click Field.
    4. In the Categories box, click Date and Time.
    5. In the Field names box, click CreateDate, PrintDate, or SaveDate.
    6. In the Date formats box, click the date and time format that you want? for example, 2/12/2008 9:45 PM or 12 February 2008.

9. Thx alot, i will look into this asap :D