Parser Errors

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by rubaco, Mar 28, 2006.

1. HELP!! I've created a simple website that has aspx pages, a master page, and a style sheet. I'll add my C# and database later but for now the site does what I need. The site compiles fine on my PC. When I publish from visual studio I get parser errors. (See below) It turned out I didn't have a BIN that contains compiled DLL files. So, I published to a directory on my PC and that created a BIN with the DLLs. I tested the pre-compiled site and it worked perfect. But, after I FTP the site I still get Parser errors. Any ideas. HELP!! This is very frustrating!! thanks. Ruben

Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load the assembly 'App_Web_gs403vpt'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 1:  <%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/MasterPage.master" autoeventwireup="true" inherits="_Default, App_Web_gs403vpt" title="Untitled Page" %>
    Line 2:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="Contentplaceholder2" Runat="Server">
    Line 3:      <span style="font-family: Arial"></span>
    Source File: E:\web\superherosc\htdocs\default.aspx Line: 1

Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

i notice that your site is running asp.net 1.1 but your code seems like it's asp.net 2.0

change the framework version in the IIS manager in thecontrol panel.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET